The paper “Calibration of Arterial Spin Labeling Data – Potential Pitfalls in Postprocessing“, a joint collaboration between LaSEEB and the University of Oxford, has been accepted in Magnetic Resonance In Medicine. Congratulations to Joana Pinto and Patrícia Figueiredo!
The COST Action proposal GliMR2.0, entitled Glioma MR Imaging 2.0, submitted to the Open Call of 2018 (OC-2018-2), has been approved for funding. Prof Patrícia Figueiredo from LaSEEB is one of the proponents of this European research network under the EU funded COST (The European Cooperation in Science and Technology) Programme. The LaSEEB contribution will essentially be in the context of Working Group 1, on “Advanced MRI biomarkers for glioma characterisation”.
Marco Miranda successfully defended his MSc Thesis “Mapeamento das alterações EEG com estimulação auditiva“ on June 25, 2019.
LaSEEB participated in this year’s edition of Técnico’s Keep in Touch. The event is part of the celebrations of the 108th anniversary of Instituto Superior Técnico and aims to bring the IST community together.
Hundreds of children, youth, alumni, professors, researchers and staff participated in several activities organised by the several departments.
Several researchers from LaSEEB presented their work during the 27th Annual Meeting of the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM 2019).
- Breath-hold BOLD-fMRI cerebrovascular reactivity metrics predict cognitive impairment in cerebral small vessel disease; Pinto J et al.
- Amplitude of low-frequency fluctuations in resting-state BOLD-fMRI is associated with cognitive decline in cerebral small vessel disease; Moreira J. et al.
- Impact of processing options on histogram metrics extraction from DWI in cerebral small vessel disease; Fouto A. et al.
- Classification of BOLD-fMRI dynamic functional connectivity states based on simultaneous EEG microstates; Abreu R. et al.
- Classification of sleep stages from fMRI dynamic functional connectivity using deep learning; Carmona J. et al.
- Accelerated Carotid 4D flow MRI with Multicontrast HD-PROST Reconstruction; Gaspar A. et al.
- Improving T2 and B1 parametric estimation in the brain with multi spin-echo MR and fusion bootstrap moves solver (FBMS); Freitas A. et al.
- Neuromelanin-sensitive Magnetic Resonance Imaging Study of the Substantia Nigra in Huntington’s Disease; Leitão R. et al.
- Optimizing Neuromelanin-sensitive Turbo Spin Echo sequences using the extended phase graph formalism including magnetization transfer effects; Nunes R. et al.
Our member Professor Rita Nunes will give an informal talk entitled “Imagiologia por Ressonância Magnética: uma ferramenta para estudar o desenvolvimento cerebral” today at 20h30 in the O’Gilins Irish Pub.
More details: https://pintofsciencept.
Our distinguished member Professor Fernando Lopes da Silva passed away yesterday (May 7, 2019).
He was a mentor and a friend to many of us at LaSEEB and will be very much missed.